CART (Communication Access
Realtime Translation) Services
For individuals or groups in all types of settings:
Do You Need CART?
- Do you have trouble hearing movies and theater and classes?
- Do you wish you could take a class at a college or university?
- Would you like to attend a training session or seminar, or listen to a forum or debate?
- Have you isolated yourself from social and academic events because you can't hear the speakers or instructors?
You're Not Alone!
- 73,217 Vermont residents have some degree of hearing loss—that's 11.8% of the population.
- 30.6% of Vermont households include an individual with some hearing loss, according to the MarkeTrak report, the largest national consumer survey on hearing loss in America.
“Norma was one of the pioneers of realtime captioning in the UK. A fine writer and a dedicated professional, she was always a joy to work with.” —Martin Davies, UK Captioning Consultant
I had trouble understanding the words coming out of my professor's mouth through an American Sign Language interpreter in Pathophysiology. That all changed when I requested a change from ASL to CART. Then, Norma came in as the replacement and immediately, she proved to be the difference maker in my comprehension of this notoriously difficult subject. Despite the professor’s fast talking nature, I was more than impressed with Norma’s expertise for speed and accuracy. I would brand her highly recommended for anyone who expects masterful CART deliverables with impeccable quality and execution. —Alex Lynch, UVM